Job Title: Receptionist/Secretary (Carol Locke)
Reports To: Debbie Vanlint
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared By: Tammy/Bo
Prepared Date: 08/27/2008
Summary Operates PBX or multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls and directs callers to appropriate personnel by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. (**Daily Backup Required)
- Activate and deactivate the telephone answering service.
- Retrieve messages from voice mail and forward to appropriate personnel.
- Answer incoming telephone calls with an expectation of 1 ring but within 2 rings.
- Determine purpose of callers, and forward calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Take and deliver messages or transfer calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answer questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Take service call information and input into software.
- Coordination of Brad’s calendar, to assist him with appointments and/or arrangements for meetings. (Maintains a written appt. book)
- Welcome on-site visitors, determine nature of business, and announce visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Set up conference room for meetings to make visitors feel welcome inclusive of drinks and snacks and/or ordering lunch for clientele
- Set up area to accommodate in-house meetings with drinks/snacks.
- Maintain birthday list of employees and organize a small celebratory gathering.
- Maintain inventory of kitchen supplies.
General Office Duties
- Assists Alden with bid packages.
- Request certificates of insurance information from third party administrator, maintain file of current year’s certificates.
- Type, copy and fax proposals.
- Record copy-count meter readings for all copy machines.
- Maintain postage machine and order postage supplies as needed.
- Orders all office supplies including letterhead and envelopes.
- Orders business cards for employees as needed.
- Orders employees shirts thru Stitch Art for managers and office.
- Maintain fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, retrieve and route incoming faxes.
- Receive, sort, and route mail.
- Perform other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
- Mail monthly fire alarm cards for annual fire alarm certificates.
Accounts Payable Department:
- Match invoices to packing lists and attach job name and job number.
- Request plans from reprographic vendors
- Stamp in bid plans when received
Accounts Receivable Department:
- Prepare bank deposit and make copies of checks and deposit slip.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical – Collects and researches invoice/P.O. data.
Problem Solving – Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values.
Judgment – Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity – Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative – Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of QuickBooks, Email, Excel, and Microsoft WORD.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Disclaimer This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Employment at will We recognize that you retain the option, as does the Company, of ending your employment with the Company at any time, with or without notice and with or without cause. As such, your employment with the Company is at-will and neither this job description nor any other oral or written representations may be considered a contract for any specific period of time.
← Back to Job Descriptions